GRASSI Museum of Applied Arts
The museum opens on 21.05. again! We kindly ask you to make an appointment reservation up to 24 hours in advance during our office hours by telephone on +49 (0)341/22 29 320 (from 10 am - 6 pm) or via the online form (only available in German). Registrations for the weekend should be made by Friday at 6pm.
Please note the measures currently required on site:
- Admission is only possible by prior appointment.
- All visitors aged 8 and over must present a certified negative test result updated on the day of the event.
- Wearing a medical mouth/nose protection (OP/FFP2 mask) is obligatory for persons 6 years and older.
- Please disinfect your hands in the museum; dispensers are available for this purpose in the foyers and toilets.
- Please keep at least 1.5 m away from other people.
- For contact tracking, we need to register you with some personal details.
- Please use the signposting system on site for orientation.
We look forward to your visit!
Our museum is one of Europe's leading houses of design and applied arts. Our changing exhibitions range from arts and crafts to design, photography and architecture. Here, the historical is intertwined with the contemporary. At the center of our tastefully designed permanent exhibition are styles such as Art Nouveau, Art Deco and Bauhaus. Currently, the extensive collection consists of approximately 230,000 pieces representative of European and international artisanship dating back to antiquity to the present day. We accompanies children, adolescents and adults on their discovery through 3,000 years of art and cultural history. The building complex also houses the GRASSI Museum of Ethnology Leipzig and the Museum of Musical Instruments of Leipzig University. As the “Museums at GRASSI” we jointly organize major cultural events throughout the year. As a museums quarter, we seek to be a place of encounter, exchange, and inspiration. We are open to people of every origin and every belief. Life remains stimulating and Leipzig remains colorful.
|Leipzig pass||4,00 €|
|Groups of 8 or more||6,00 €|
|evening pass (after 5 pm)||4,00 €|
|children up to an including 18 years||FREE|
Tickets are valid for the special exhibitions and permanent exhibitions.
Free entry every first Wednesday of the month.